Rack of Pork Belly Ribs (available from all good butchers)
For the barbecue rub…
1 tbsp garlic power
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp sea salt
2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
For the barbecue sauce…
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp of the barbecue rub
50ml cider vinegar
50ml Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mustard powder
140g dark brown sugar
1. First make the rub by mixing all the ingredients together.
2. Cover the ribs with the rub and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Light the barbecue and set temperature to around 100 degrees Celsius.
4. Put the ribs on the barbecue (bone side down) and cook for around five hours.
5. Meanwhile, make the barbecue sauce by heating the oil and adding the onions and garlic and cooking until soft. Next add the barbecue rub and stir well. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Once the ribs are cooked, pour the barbecue sauce over them and cook for a further 20 minutes.
7. Take off the barbecue and cut the ribs into sections.
Best served with your choice of company around our Lantic Table!